The Future of Gig Work is Female
A study on the behaviors and career aspirations of women in the gig economy
For women in the workplace, equal work doesn’t always lead to equal pay—but according to women in the gig economy, they may finally be able to level the playing field.
In honor of Equal Pay Day 2017, Hyperwallet surveyed 2,000 US-based female gig workers to uncover the reasons—both financial and personal—that influenced their decision to enter the gig economy, and to learn how gig companies can better support their female workers going forward.
Download The Future of Gig Work is Female for more on:
- Differences between female gig workers across industries
- Opportunities for equal pay through gig work
- Public and personal perception of female gig workers
- Biggest drawbacks to gig work preventing more women from joining
- Female gig workers’ long-term plans to stay in or leave the gig economy