Scaling Payouts in the On-Demand Economy
Join Bay Pay, Hyperwallet’s SVP of Digital Markets, and a panel of on-demand payout experts as they discuss the new economy, global scalability, and the increasingly important role of outbound payments management within digital marketplaces.
The emergence of digital marketplaces, such as Uber, UpWork, and Airbnb, combined with the rise of Millennials in the workplace, has changed the way people earn an income. Some estimates state that roughly 40% of the American workforce, or 60 million people, will be categorized as independent workers—freelancers, contractors, giggers—by 2020.
How on-demand platforms and online labor marketplaces handle the distribution of earnings to this growing global community of workers and supply side providers matters, and it matters a lot. Hear views from our panelists on why outbound payments are so important to the long- term success and global scalability of platforms in the new economy, as well as ways to easily, cost-effectively, and transparently handle the cross-border distribution of earnings.
- When: Thursday, March 3 – 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Where: Wells Fargo Learning Center, 333 Market St, Annex Building, 2nd Floor, San Francisco
- Sponsors: Wells Fargo and Hyperwallet
- Panel Participants:
- Kapil Mokhat, Business Development – Payments @ Airbnb
- Denise Aptekar, Director – Global Payments @ Upwork
- Albert Hwu, Vice President – International Treasury Consultant @ Wells Fargo
- Michael Ting, Senior Vice President – Digital Markets @ Hyperwallet
A live stream will also be hosted the night of the presentation.